Thursday, December 24, 2009

Update 12/24/09

Rehabilitation has began and is very intense for Josh. Physically, not much has changed for Josh as you all know by now that will be a very lengthy process. As far as Josh's Brain Injury, I am anxious to know the extent of it by next week. At this point, he is still disoriented. I told Josh that today was December 24, 2009 and it had no significance to him. At this point, the hardest part is not knowing if I am going to get 100% of Josh back. His intense Therapies are not allowing me as much time with him as I would like but I know this is in his best interest. As for tomorrow, Christmas Day I am planning to bring the children to see their Daddy.
As my heart is saddened this evening (Christmas Eve) without my husband and the kids father, I would like to take this opportunity to ask each and every one of you to cherish the time with your family tomorrow and every single day.
To those of you, you know who you are- Thank You so very much for making our children's Christmas by helping to fulfill their wish list in Josh's absence.

XOXO Josh, Carissa, Caydance, Cole and baby Cayne

1 comment:

  1. Carissa, this is a very heartfelt & touching post. I wish there was something I could do for you to help make things easier for you. As I had told you earlier about my husband's cousin and her accident I know exactly the stuff Josh is going through right now, however, he is going through it much quicker than she did. After watching her recover what she went through, I really have very high hopes - but along with that there is the prayer from everyone that must not stop - I believe with that Josh will be Josh again. Yes, you will know more when the Drs. tell you whatever in a week but even then things can turn out better than they say; so don't give up just keep on fighting the big fight with Josh and keep the rest of us out here in the loop like you have been so we can keep praying for what needs to be prayed for. We are all ONE BIG FAMILY now. I hope you were able to find some peace and have a great day with your children today. Yours Truly, Rachel

    ReplyDelete