Monday, December 14, 2009

Josh's Surgery Update

It is currently 9:20pm and Josh's Pelvic Reconstruction Surgery was just completed. The Head Ortho Surgeon who performed the surgery just finished speaking with us, everything went well! Josh's pelvis was broken in 4 places which was repaired with titanium plates and screws.
The outlook is very good for his breathing apparatus to be removed tomorrow! This is great news to our family as we may be able to communicate with him in the next 24 hours!!!!!!!!
Keep the thoughts, prayers and love coming, it's working!

4 comments:

  1. This is Amazing! Hugs to you Carissa! This is great news! Thank you so much for keeping us updated. xxoo Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Carissa, that's great! What a relief that the surgery went well! Your husband must be one tough cookie! That's amazing! I hope and pray that they'll be able to take out the breathing machine today. Thanks for updating us all. Hugs to you! I'd like to come up on my lunch hour and visit sometime this week if that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!! God answers prayers! I am so glad that the surgery went well (broken in 4 places geesh people were praying for those Drs. too) Awesome that it looks like the breating tube will be able to be removed today that will probably be of some relief to be able to communicate with him. My thoughts, prayers and love are still coming your direction! ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carissa,
    My name is Monica. I'm a sup in the St Johnsbury building and have had the pleasure of working with Josh. He's a great guy!! All of us in the St Johnsbury center send our prayers and thoughts for you, Josh and your entire family during this very difficult time.
    I'm glad you have the support of so many people to help you through and I admire your strength. This will help Josh too! I want to say thanks to those who have set up this site as it helps us know what we can do to help out. Everyone here is eager to help.
    Take care and you are all in my prayers.
    Sincerely,
    Monica Franz

    ReplyDelete