Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Excellent Start to Today!!!! 12/16/09

I am excited to say that I when I walked into Josh's room this morning, he said "Hi" & "I Love You"
I cannot tell you how happy I am to see his progress and anxious at the same time to continue on with his recovery out of ICU.
Josh's Doctors came and spoke with me this morning. They cannot stress enough how hard Josh's rehabilitation is going to be and it will take time. Josh needs to regain all of his strengths and basically learn how to use his left leg. Right now his body is ajdusting to the pain medication they have him on and he is semi-coherent.
This afternoon, Josh will have one radiation treatment. This is because the Ortho Surgeon is concerend with bone mass that could form in his muscles. Having radiation will hopefully inhibit that from happening. Thank Goodness we were not planning on having any more children!!!!

Thank You,

Josh, Carissa, Caydance, Cole & Cayne

5 comments:

  1. Oh Carissa, This is great news! Something you probably were not expecting at all. He is going to make it through everything...he will probably get made at the world and everyone it at times during recovery learning to use his leg again but he will know in his heart he can do it and has everyone routing for him! God Bless You and Him. Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheering for you guys!!!! Such wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Josh !!
    Keep up the good and I am sure hard work! Prayers are with you everyday..
    Your Family is so happy now I am sure!! NO better gift at this time of year...
    I think of you ALL everyday!
    Best Wishes to you ALL
    Your friend Linda Fordham

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Christmas MIRACLE for sure !!! I have worked with Josh @ the St.J Ctr he ALWAYS had a smile even tho some days were rough...Hearing that he spoke to you and his continued progress forward is AMAZING news!! I am helping coordinate the donations so your family can get the support needed now & in the days to follow....Josh is one of the GOOD GUYS in this world and with you & your family and all of us for support he's gonna make it THANK GOD !!! BE STRONG and take care>>> Marie Tournaud

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carissa, what great news!! I am so happy for all of you that he has made such great progress. He is blessed with an amazing wife and family, and he is clearly one tough cookie! And I'm sure his recovery will be rough, but better a long road to recovery than no road at all. Plus he has a wonderful, supportive wife. Sending more positive thoughts and love your way!

    ReplyDelete