Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday 12/27/09

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.
Josh was disappointed that he didn't realize it was Christmas when we had dinner with him. There is not much to update on his rehabilitation as it will be a long process which is repetitious.
Today, I realized that Josh will have many good days and many bad days. On Christmas, he was in a lot of pain and could not make it through dinner. He is in pain when sitting in his wheelchair or lying in bed.
Today though, he had a great day when we were visiting and he was in good spirits. He did have all of his staples removed from his surgery incision and the wound on his head and leg. He will definitely have a nice battle wound from his belly all the way around to his backside, I am sure this will be his bragging rights in the future!
Josh has a window in his room and he was trying to figure out the exact location where he was, as I was explaining to him he rattled off the exact address!!! (Typical UPS Driver!)
As I write in this blog, I feel a weight has been lifted compared to the first blog that I wrote while tears were running down my face as I now see a future again with my husband.
To all of you who have shown your support through this, I Thank You from the bottom of my heart. When Josh is home and I feel he is capable, he will hear a list of names of every single person that has shown support to his wife and children.

XOXO
Carissa

2 comments:

  1. Lots of {{{LOVE & HUGS}}} to you Carissa for being such a wonderful wife to Josh and mother to your children through all of this. I will see what I do about getting the paper that you posted the other day, do you have the other stories from the other papers or do you need them as well? It could take me a little bit as my husband is now in the hospital as well (nothing to serious we hope) but as you know there is free time because you can't "make" things happen and I would be glad to work on this for you. Just let me know if you need other papers besides the one you posted from the local people who helped him onsite. With Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. To you Carissa and your family,
    Our family had a ok Christmas, this time of year brings some sadness to us ,because of love ones that have passed away in years gone by,most of them around the holidays! SO, I have been so HAPPY to hear of Josh's recovery!
    You are a ROCK ! "And Josh IS the Man of the YEAR!" Carissa,I am sure you are tired,and feel like a zombie at times... but Josh is so happy and lucky to have you there!
    You ALL are facing a lot and sounds like you got it together, and I am so happy you got Josh to share in some kind of Christmas Holiday!
    You can all celebrate BIG time later! My prayers are (WILL) follow you threw,I am following you all the way! Mary talks of you and Josh all the time too.
    We don't know each other, BUT, being we know of hard sad times we can connect!
    Keep up the excellent job Josh! We wish you and your family ALL the best of 2010 and a Fast recovery!
    Your friends
    The Family of Fordham's

    ReplyDelete