Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Rehabilitation Day #2

Well, Josh had a very busy day today! This morning I walked into his room and he greeted me! Josh has started Occupational, Physical, Speech & Language and Recreational Therapy.

The Doctors main concern right now is to evaluate Josh's Head Injury. This is on the top of his list to see the extent of damage to his brain. Obviously we have our fingers and toes crossed that he has no permanent damage.

Josh was able to sit upright, wash his body, brush his teeth and get a t-shirt and shorts on. He was exhausted, it did take a lot out of him.

Last night our phone at home rang around 7pm, I answered it and heard Josh's voice on the other end! My heart melted to hear him on the phone. He told my Dad our phone number and called our house to talk to me. He said- "Hi Babe, what are you doing?" I was so excited that I don't even think I answered him!!!! It was short & sweet and he was to the point for sure.

Josh, I know you have the strength to get through this, especially with everyone cheering you on. We love you so much. Caydance, Cole & Baby Cayne cannot wait to have Daddy home!

I Love You
XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Carissa, that is so awesome that he called you on the phone!!! I'm so excited for you!! I got chills when I read that. He's certainly come a long way!! GO JOSH!!!!! You're an awesome wife and mother. You're a strong woman and you can get through anything now!!!! Keep believing in yourself and Josh and GOD and everything will work out!!! The Keenan's

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO JOSH!! All things are possible through Him, we need to keep the prayers going for Josh as they are working extreme miracles in his body. We want him healed 100% so that he can be home with his famly and he can be out delivering those UPS packages before he forgets those addresses!!! :) Love to all of you Newton's and Congrats to Josh for all of his hard work...keep it up my friend! My thoughts and prayers are still with you all. ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. josh, its great to hear you have begun rehab im sure you will progress quickly. thinking of you and your family everyday. wishing you and all of your family a merry christmas amongst all the choas.
    Brian Turo and family. saint johnsbury.UPS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh, know that your family is thinking of you and praying for your full recovery. We all love you very much. Hoping to see you soon. Love Connie

    ReplyDelete