Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4th, 2010

Josh just got out of surgery from changing out his sponges and cleaning out the infected area again. His drains were moved up a small amount so that his wounds could attempt to heal from the inside out. The bad news is that he will have to go into the operating room 2 more times to do this. Hopefully by the 6th surgery they will be able to close this area and Josh can go to rehab to continue with his recovery. Unfortunately his recovery time for his pelvis and left leg healing has just doubled to 4 months because they continue to operate in the same area, due to the bacteria and infection.
Needless to say this is a major setback for Josh and I. I'm sure by the time the doctors speak with Josh after the anesthesia wears off he will be one unhappy patient.
On a good note, Josh did get to be moved to a wheelchair for an hour today, and seeing him sitting up was a welcome change.
We are praying that this will hopefully be the last speed bump in what has been a very trying time for all of us. As always thank you for your thoughts, kind words and prayers.
XOXO
Carissa

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear he's out of surgery and that he was able to sit in the wheelchair for a bit!! Thanks for keeping us so up to date on his condition and what's going on!! I couldn't do it!! You're amazing!! Keep strong, lady!!!!!!!! Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carissa,
    Could you post Josh's address at the hospitol so we could send a card? Thank-you!
    When you get a moment...
    Linda Fordham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carissa,
    Thank you for keeping us updated on Josh's condition. My name is Kristy I am a preloader at the Williston UPS. Josh sometimes drives one of the trucks I load. I have been thinking about him and your family every day since this happened. I just found your blog today and feel a little better that I know how he is doing. I really miss his smile telling me good mornig every day. My thoughts and prayers are with Josh and you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda- I sent you an e-mail with Josh's address.
    Kristy- Thanks! Josh is doing well considering. He has a long road ahead of him. Thank You for thinking of us, Josh & I are so very Thankful for everyone's support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carissa,
    I'm Sarah's mom, the little girl with Down Syndrome who was in Caydance's preschool class. We were away & only heard of the accident mid-week. I tried to post a comment to this entry but it didn't seem to go through. Reading over the entries in this blog made it clear that Josh has made a lot of progress, that you've all been on a tumultuous journey, and that you are one strong woman! We are sending you all our thoughts & prayers.
    --Cecilia and Sarah

    ReplyDelete